Model Train Club in Chichester West Sussex.
Chichester Model Engineers founded in 1948 have a large clubhouse which has the following facilities:
- Comfortable lounge accommodation
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Toilet and washing facilities:
- Well equipped, large workshop
The workshop is very important in the encouragement of model engineering and the machinery includes:
- 8.5 inch centre Harrison lath
- 4.5 inch centre Alpine lathe
- Large vertical mill
- Engraving machine
- Surface grinder
- Foundries for casting work in aluminium
The Society caters for all forms of modelling, although steam locomotive if the main interest.
Public open afternoons are scheduled from April to October in 2020.
For further information on this model train club in Chichester please visit the Society`s website at Chichester District Society of Model Engineers.